Shurikens

Report bugs or suggest new features/improvements

Shurikens

Postby Foerg » 14 Apr 2009 01:22

Some strange things catched my attention regarding Shurikens.

1. Shurikens obviously can't have sockets, at least with the socketing recipe (the one with the soul shards)

2. Skills which require claws can randomly spawn on Shurikens, not really usefull, is it?

3 (and by far the most strangest). +1 to Barbarian Skills can spawn on Shurikens! (I mean seriously, wtf? Oo)

So, which of these points are intended and which are bugs? ;)
Foerg

Re: Shurikens

Postby Demon9ne » 14 Apr 2009 02:14

1. Throwing weapons, unlike just about everything else, never get sockets.
2. Equipment Mastery skills can automatically spawn on items that don't help, yes. This is an issue that falls somewhere in between bug and engine limit because the D2 Engine prevents the new skills from automatically spawning on class-only items. This is an intended future fix, along with making the higher tier skills not spawn before a certain level or area. (I.e. at the moment, you can find an orb with +1 to Frozen Orb in the Cold Plains, and eradicate everything up until around Act 5. This is obviously the bigger problem of the two. I'm working toward a solution for both.)
3. Definitely a bug. +x to Barb skills is set in vanilla to spawn on all throwables and I didn't catch it. This one should disappear in the future too.

Thanks for the feedback.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Re: Shurikens

Postby Foerg » 14 Apr 2009 02:23

Demon9ne wrote:1. Throwing weapons, unlike just about everything else, never get sockets.

Ah, interesting, didn't knew that, always knowing a little bit more afterwards^^

Demon9ne wrote:2. Equipment Mastery skills can automatically spawn on items that don't help, yes. This is an issue that falls somewhere in between bug and engine limit because the D2 Engine prevents the new skills from automatically spawning on class-only items. This is an intended future fix, along with making the higher tier skills not spawn before a certain level or area. (I.e. at the moment, you can find an orb with +1 to Frozen Orb in the Cold Plains, and eradicate everything up until around Act 5. This is obviously the bigger problem of the two. I'm working toward a solution for both.)

Yeah, i found a +1 to shadow master shuriken in the cave in the cold plains and it was pure owange. I didn't kill anything, my shadow did everything for me.

Demon9ne wrote:3. Definitely a bug. +x to Barb skills is set in vanilla to spawn on all throwables and I didn't catch it. This one should disappear in the future too.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have to thank you!
It's a great mod and i'm glad to help whenever i can^^
Keep up the great work!
Foerg

Return to Immersion: Feedback