Difficulty Settings

Report bugs or suggest new features/improvements

Difficulty Settings

Postby crabpeople » 28 Feb 2009 21:06

Hi there. First of all, I want to thank all who have helped to make Immersion as it is now. The mod is great and I want to help to improve it even more. I'm not a pro at playing Diablo 2, while most times I could handle myself pretty easy with 'players 8' code, I find Immersion very hard to play. Is there way to make it more easy :?:
crabpeople

Re: Difficulty Settings

Postby Demon9ne » 28 Feb 2009 22:30

I would recommend trying a different character/build in the early game. Much like LoD, no two characters are created equal. Also try to familiarize yourself with some of the new cube recipes in the docu.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby SingInSilence » 28 Feb 2009 22:37

Well, besides the obvious "Don't play on /p8", your post doesn't give much of a starting point.

(Incidentally, on Normal, all /p8 does (in terms of game difficulty), is increase monster HP by *4.5,
On Nm and Hell, it also increases damage by 12% per additional player.)

Could you be more specific?
(Helpful details include: Class, Level, difficulty, stat/skill dsitribution, armor-rating, important item modifiers.)
What exactly are you finding hard?
Is it a specific area?

Do monsters kill you too easily? What kind (if any) specifically.
Or what type? (Physical melee, Phys/ ranged, Elemental casters, elemental ranged)

Or can you not kill monsters fast enough? Or can you not out-damage their regeneration?

etc., etc., etc.

I'm sure you get the idea.
More details = better answer.
SingInSilence

Postby crabpeople » 28 Apr 2009 14:39

Well, besides the obvious "Don't play on /p8", your post doesn't give much of a starting point.

(Incidentally, on Normal, all /p8 does (in terms of game difficulty), is increase monster HP by *4.5,
On Nm and Hell, it also increases damage by 12% per additional player.)

Could you be more specific?
(Helpful details include: Class, Level, difficulty, stat/skill dsitribution, armor-rating, important item modifiers.)
What exactly are you finding hard?
Is it a specific area?

Do monsters kill you too easily? What kind (if any) specifically.
Or what type? (Physical melee, Phys/ ranged, Elemental casters, elemental ranged)

Or can you not kill monsters fast enough? Or can you not out-damage their regeneration?

etc., etc., etc.

I'm sure you get the idea.
More details = better answer.
, sorry for the late response. I play the mod on players 1 and I mostly find ranged units (like Quillboars) annoying. The problem is that I get killed to fast, even when I play with a defensive Barbarian. I first played with a summoning Druid, my Druid gets killed in ~3 seconds but my summonings are much tougher and can take a punch. I already find the mod difficult from the beginning. Thanks for answering.
crabpeople

Postby SingInSilence » 28 Apr 2009 20:06

Yeah, the Quill Rats' damage is waaay high.
That's intentional.

If you can't kill them, just skip them.
SingInSilence

Postby crabpeople » 28 Apr 2009 21:20

Do you perhaps know a way/trick how I can have much health (maybe an editor :) ):?:
crabpeople

Postby Stormbringer » 29 Apr 2009 14:54

A good question - a little bit of twinking goes a long way to solving the Quill Rat problem.

Remembering that they are glass cannons, and their attack seems to be some kind of multi-shot which can multi-hit (hence why sometimes the damage is so high) we want to kill them from a distance (so you won't get gimped by multiple rats multi hitting you).

So we are looking for some kind of gem of information that would let us deal damage to ranged attackers even if we have a melee build. hmmm.... nope, I'm out of ideas.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » 29 Apr 2009 14:57

crabpeople wrote:Do you perhaps know a way/trick how I can have much health (maybe an editor :) ):?:

Hmmm... probably not a good idea to ask for that sort of thing.

Try staying back and throwing pots instead.
Spoiler: show
Or turbo your xp with ethers.

Or use minions. Or... (etc)
Stormbringer

Postby crabpeople » 30 Apr 2009 11:08

Thanks for the tip, I might still have some hot boiled potatoes for throwing exercises :twisted: .
crabpeople

Postby SingInSilence » 30 Apr 2009 16:16

Stormbringer wrote:A good question - a little bit of twinking goes a long way to solving the Quill Rat problem.

Remembering that they are glass cannons, and their attack seems to be some kind of multi-shot which can multi-hit (hence why sometimes the damage is so high) we want to kill them from a distance (so you won't get gimped by multiple rats multi hitting you).

So we are looking for some kind of gem of information that would let us deal damage to ranged attackers even if we have a melee build. hmmm.... nope, I'm out of ideas.

Hahaha Awesome :D

You do have a way with those :P
SingInSilence

Return to Immersion: Feedback