Demon9ne wrote:Sorry to hear you're having a problem. Balance, tbh, is secondary to adding features. Most people play mods for new features over balance. (Balance-based mods are notoriously ignored for some reason.)
I can offer you some advice, but without your build posted, it'll be very unspecific:
- If you're being frozen, thawing potions.
- If you have Bloodthirst, use it immediately before falling back on other skills. Hotkey it.
- Don't fight huge groups when you can help it. Use Leap (1 skill point) to split them up. Fall back when you can.
- Get a disable of your own to use against stunning/freezing enemies. For a dual-wielder, perhaps swords with Freezing Attack (and there's a reagent that adds this property).
- If you're having problems with mana, get some Mana Stolen per Hit or Mana per Kill.
Economy in Immersion, like the enemies, is rough. (And before I forget, which would you rather have IRL, a beverage that closes your wounds, or a bulletproof vest?) Save your gold. Maybe do some tower runs (gold and runes).
Thanks for playing (since v1.03!) and leaving feedback.
-I usually use thawing potions, but in this case doesn't really help cause there are a lot of archers that are constantly freezing me at very short interval of times.
-I always use bloodthirst and I have it binded on hotkey. I have all usable skills binded.
-I try to avoid huge groups when I can, but usually I get rushed. Even leap can't help here since if I get 1 stun, then I'm stun locked with archers behind them till death.
-I still didn't found the regeant with freezing attack, but if I find it I don't have any good weapon to put it on, so it would be more of a waste. No good weapons to be found, gamble doesn't offer either.
-I have a lot of mana after each kill, but the monsters hp is very high and I can barely kill some till I run out of mana totally. Fallen in act 5 are however a source of mana, but if I was able to kill that brutes pack I wouldn't be complaining in the first place. Mana stolen per hit doesn't seem to work with Do undo attack, and with dual swing it is unnoticeable because I have low damage.
Gold may not be a problem anymore since I have pledge of provision and a lot of gold find from gear (273% in total). But I don't know what to do with it.
Also I noticed those gem chests at merchant that are opened with keys. It says it holds random gems, but so far they all give 3 normal hand axes (I may think this is not an available feature yet).
Some skills seems to not work. For example the weapon specializations don't add any attack rating or damage on the character screen. It may only be a visual bug, but I can't know.
Some other skills are unusually strange, such the skill that grants 1% attack speed per base point. I don't see it's use, since you need a lot more to break the as caps. The same goes for the 1% uninterruptible attack per base point and that collateral damage 1% cleave damage.
Edit: Once new features are added into a mod, the balance between those should be the first problem, in my opinion, since it is meaningless if you add new features if a pack of monsters kills you in no time (unless the new features help somehow in this case).
I can play as much as I can, but I hope things will get easier as I get new and better items. Btw, does Plethoria of pockets still exists? That armor was excellent
Also, I finished normal difficulty. It seems that minions of destruction have around 1-2 damage. They didn't hurt my barbarian at all. I think you should take a look.
1 more question: Does the character screen actually work? It says I have 200 attack rating and a 95% chance to hit most of the monsters, but I actually miss very often. Same with the defense, 5% to be hit and monsters have quite a high chance to hit me.
Also, is there something wrong with Talic ancient? It has way too much defense, I can barely hit him at all (and the character screen shows 95% chance to hit, but I think this doesn't apply for bosses, does it?). I had to respec to Burning cry skill (forgot the exact name) to kill him (and still very slowly).
Take your time to answer.