Overall gameplay

Report bugs or suggest new features/improvements

Re: Overall gameplay

Postby Phase » 27 Apr 2012 11:11

I didn't cheat at all... I was nervous. Coming back later with more info.
Phase

Postby Phase » 27 Apr 2012 21:42

Something strange happened.. I got this crash
Unfortunately you can't find the cause of the error, but you may notice it out. I was killed by what you see there and then I teleported back to them and then the crash happened. The cause may be the curse, but I doubt it. Maybe a combination of the curse and boss' modifiers, however I didn't see his modifiers in time.

And about modifiers, about more than half of the magic items have the modifier that provides dual resistance bonuses and almost every rare one has it. I think you should reduce the appearance rate, cause it prevents other modifiers from appearing.
Phase

Postby Phase » 27 Apr 2012 22:26

You say I was raging up there. How will you react when I will say that I lost all the equipment on me because of a crash? I was in cathedral and I died several times and I got crash from some reason. The same c000000005 error. This is what I have left:
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6567 ... t002ke.jpg
I have low base dexterity and it made me equip only the corpse with full equipment when I died and the dagger was still on another corpse on the ground. Somehow it got screwed up and I got the dagger corpse. Thank you very much, now you know why I was raging. I can go to stash to equip some trash items and gamble some items with the 500k gold I gathered, but this was just stupid... It has something to do with the blood mana curse I think.
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 28 Apr 2012 22:44

See if you still have your crash log, and post it here. (It's a file in the D2 folder. (date).txt -- with the date being the date that you crashed.)

Without the log, I can't solve a crash like this. I'd just be chasing ghosts.

Note though, that Blood Mana is the vanilla curse (which Succubi have). I haven't touched it. I also have never touched the code relating to collecting corpses or re-equiping items from them.

In short, your claim is confusing. Attach the log to this post.

Incidentally, that reagent-belt crash you previously reported is fixed for the next version.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 29 Apr 2012 09:29

I attached the last 3 crash logs, I think the one when I lost the corpse is the first one.

http://www.2shared.com/document/XVsjsnwu/D2120427.html
http://www.2shared.com/document/7Nvbao0F/D2120428.html
http://www.2shared.com/document/E371axXV/D2120429.html?

I can't attach them normally so I uploaded them.
Edit: The last one reuploaded after another recent crash. It happened after I died and I was in town. Doesn't make much sense.
Edit: Rereuploaded due to another recent crash. This version is full of bugs. I just died and got crash in town (again).
LE: I may think I found the crash issue. This may sound senseless, but I found recently the Unique Winged axe (Lacerator) and I equipped it. Each time I died and recovered my corpse after a save and exit BEFORE I had the axe, the game wouldn't crash. But now, when I have the axe, it seems that if I wait around 5-10 seconds with my corpse on the ground after a save and exit with the axe on it, I get crash. The crash won't happen if I recover the body and ALL the items on it. Usually I have a full inventory and when I try to take my body, the lacerator won't be picked up cause I don't have the required dexterity to equip it (I always use battle anthem to have some items that require dexterity equipped), so the crash would still happen. However I don't think this is a problem specifically caused by the lacerator, but rather by any item you can't pick up from the body after you S&E a game.
Latest edit: I definitively found the crash issue even if it sounds strange. If I pick up an item, get near my body (for example I mistakenly pick up an item, equipping it automatically) and stay for a while, the crash occurs, even if I drop the item off me or not.
Can you release the fix for this bug sooner? I can't go further, it crashes my game each time I die and can't retrieve the body.
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 29 Apr 2012 19:54

After looking at your logs, I don't want to jump to any false conclusions about the crash's cause yet.

(and there's 2-3 different crashes in the logs you linked.)

Please attempt to recover your body in windowed mode, let me know if you can manage.

(And incidentally, you might want to start playing in windowed mode anyway--there's improvements coming that are windowed mode only. ;) )

Also, try recovering your corpse with/without Battle Anthem's bonuses active.

Immersion has new ways to increase/decrease strength and dex, which of course are item stat requirements. The vanilla game might not like the bonuses and penalties. =\
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 29 Apr 2012 23:44

http://www.2shared.com/document/DHJEeE7G/D2120429.html?
This is the entire log of yesterday. I hope it helps more. I still get crashes sometimes after I die, but sometimes I don't. I can't make any connections and it's very frustrating to die at the last seal of diablo's sanctuary and get crash...
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 30 Apr 2012 00:11

I believe I see what's happening... The game is failing to set the quantity stat on an item.

I'll see if I can find a cause. (Again, you said this happens when retrieving a corpse?)

Also, at the very least, you've inspired the following improvement to the next version of Immersion:

Code: Select all
• Client/Misc: Saved games and shared stash files are now automatically backed up during game launch (eg. Save\SaveName.d2s.backup)

=)
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 30 Apr 2012 00:28

Demon9ne wrote:I believe I see what's happening... The game is failing to set the quantity stat on an item.

I'll see if I can find a cause. (Again, you said this happens when retrieving a corpse?)

Also, at the very least, you've inspired the following improvement to the next version of Immersion:

Code: Select all
• Client/Misc: Saved games and shared stash files are now automatically backed up during game launch (eg. Save\SaveName.d2s.backup)

=)

That's pretty amazing. My theory was wrong. It seems that the crash happens about 5 seconds after I die and the only way to stop the crash is to recover the body (and to be more precise, all the items on it, if I leave something on it, along with the battle anthem dexterity issue, the crash will happen anyway). If I don't manage to recover the body within 5 seconds after I entered the world (again, all items on it), the game crashes. This does not always happen, the crash happens under specifically unknown circumstances, I really can't notice why.
Phase

Postby Phase » 30 Apr 2012 15:38

This are the conditions of the crash. My inventory along with other details.
http://www.2shared.com/document/5F76XCcm/D2120430.html?
And this is the latest crash text file of today.

I want to point out the same type of crash.

Also do you have any more detailed documentation? With more information? Anything regarding cube recipes that aren't already listed on the current documentation or the entire armory / weaponry.
Again about the scavenger hunts, I wanted to ask if there is more than one scavenger hunt both in nightmare and hell, besides the one with identify tome and jewelry box? If yes, how can I access them?
The last question is about the unique jewels dropping chance. I have been playing for a while now, I even found unique razordiscs (!), but so far no unique jewel and also any place to farm identify scrolls? I only found 1 so far. I can suggest implementing a recipe of extracting the identify scrolls from the identify tome as they are valuable, can you do that?
Also if you can provide me with a 1.04 version I would be grateful. I want to check something out on my old assassin. I searched all over the internet, I can't find any 1.04 version of the mod. It's like it banished :(
Phase

PreviousNext

Return to Immersion: Feedback