Overall gameplay

Report bugs or suggest new features/improvements

Re: Overall gameplay

Postby Phase » 01 May 2012 16:46

New report with lots of bugs. Firstly, I want to tell you that because of some kind of bug, I got leveled up to 101 instantly to the next action I done that involved experience increase (recover a body or slaying a monster). I tried to prevent this bug, I used several process endings to prevent game from saving, but each time I killed a monster my level would go up to 101... It happened after another crash that involved the body bug, the same crash we were talking about. Now I have to play with level 101... Not my intention.

2nd bug: Some items appear to have an unknown modifier named "xxx" or a part of the set is named that way. I didn't try to equip them cause I was afraid the game would crash.
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7006/xxx2j.jpg
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3715/xxxro.jpg

3rd bug: Now this is a very serious exploit that involves mercenary only items. I tried to equip a mercenary only item as you see in the following picture.
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2171/uberbug1.jpg
After I equipped it, my life went instead to 1, up to 900k or so (with shouts) or about 6 millions (without shouts). However I doubt the max life is an integer that a game like diablo would visually recognize:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4103/uberbug.jpg
Unfortunately this is a real bug. That's no kind of visual mistake, my life is practically infinite, I tested it on some monsters, however I didn't exploit it.

4th bug: Minor bug involving repairing Dowsing rod unique ancient tablet. I repaired it 1 time and this is what happened:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8199/repair1.jpg
Before repair there was no "attack" skill charges. The screenshot is after the repair.
And now a screenshot that shows an attempt to repair it 1 more time (cause it didn't repair find item the first time) and it says this:
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/792/repairx.jpg
And for some reason, I can't use the charm skills at all. They appear to be red, like I don't have mana or it is on cooldown, but I don't know the real cause.

5th bug: The modifier "of pestilence" appears to be in parenthesis and this I believe shouldn't happen
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6152/modifzx.jpg

Feature: I tried to open a mystery case once more time and it appeared to provide gems this time. However I found only fair quality gems, despite the description that says up to perfect. The second problem is that the case provides all the time a fair bloodstone and some gems never drop at all or very rarely.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9749/casewl.jpg

This is all for now.
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 01 May 2012 18:13

Firstly, you have my thanks for enduring all these crashes and continuing to provide useful feedback.

Second, I'm happy to say that most of what you just reported is already fixed.

- Aldur's Rhythm was fixed.
- The Dowsing Rod unique doesn't have a property, other than those I see in your picture, so it's likely that I fixed it already. (I'll test it after this reply though, to be certain.)
- Mystery Gem Cases were fixed.
- The level-up process has been entirely recoded since the version you're playing. The error you experienced should no longer be possible.

And Third, I just fixed, or will fix, the following:

- The 'of Pestilence' affix is fixed now.
- The cursed affix that isn't showing up, I'll hunt down in a minute here.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 01 May 2012 19:53

Still, you missed 1 post on the other page:
Also do you have any more detailed documentation? With more information? Anything regarding cube recipes that aren't already listed on the current documentation or the entire armory / weaponry.
Again about the scavenger hunts, I wanted to ask if there is more than one scavenger hunt both in nightmare and hell, besides the one with identify tome and jewelry box? If yes, how can I access them?
The last question is about the unique jewels dropping chance. I have been playing for a while now, I even found unique razordiscs (!), but so far no unique jewel and also any place to farm identify scrolls? I only found 1 so far. I can suggest implementing a recipe of extracting the identify scrolls from the identify tome as they are valuable, can you do that?
Also if you can provide me with a 1.04 version I would be grateful. I want to check something out on my old assassin. I searched all over the internet, I can't find any 1.04 version of the mod. It's like it banished

Thanks for your time, if you can answer those also.
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 01 May 2012 20:02

- New documentation will arrive just after the next version pops up, in the future.
- The only scavenger hunts are those sold by Gheed. (I realize that a few disappeared with the last version of the mod. They were a bit too imbalanced. New scav hunts are a definite future possibility.)
- Unique jewels drop as any other unique drops. They don't obey any special rules.
- There is no way to pull scrolls out of books. (Yet. ;) )
- I don't support or distribute older versions of the mod; sorry about that.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 01 May 2012 21:03

Demon9ne wrote:- New documentation will arrive just after the next version pops up, in the future.
- The only scavenger hunts are those sold by Gheed. (I realize that a few disappeared with the last version of the mod. They were a bit too imbalanced. New scav hunts are a definite future possibility.)
- Unique jewels drop as any other unique drops. They don't obey any special rules.
- There is no way to pull scrolls out of books. (Yet. ;) )
- I don't support or distribute older versions of the mod; sorry about that.

I just asked for the older version just because it had a more detailed documentation as far as I know. There are some cube recipes I don't know about but which I knew in 1.04
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 03 May 2012 04:42

The only cube recipes are the ones in the documentation and a few secret ones associated with items (that reference recipes).

Between versions, some recipes stay, and some go.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 03 May 2012 15:43

So there is nothing else I don't know about this mod other than the recipes listed there? Like some method of grinding so I won't get bored (I don't like casters, so sorceress wouldn't be a good idea).
And what is the atunement points property?
Jewelry box has other use than gheed's fortune transmutation?
Also can u tell us when you'll be more available for the mod development? So tell us if we can help anyhow.
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 05 May 2012 20:46

Phase wrote:So there is nothing else I don't know about this mod other than the recipes listed there? Like some method of grinding so I won't get bored (I don't like casters, so sorceress wouldn't be a good idea).
And what is the atunement points property?
Jewelry box has other use than gheed's fortune transmutation?
Also can u tell us when you'll be more available for the mod development? So tell us if we can help anyhow.

You might give a melee sorceress build a shot (but expect a serious challenge).

Attunement points allow you to cube an item by itself to get a skill bonus. (1:1)

A Jewelry Box can contain a few things, yes. ;)

I'm always working on this mod.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 05 May 2012 22:03

Anyway an other thingy you have to watch over for the next versions are the charms drop chance on later difficulty and their modifiers. I find a plenty of scarabs / ancient tablets and statuettes in normal difficulty, but later on in hell I barely find any. Also, all of them seems to have always the same modifiers (elemental dmg, resistances, attacker takes damage of y and this is all...) in a very small proportion (2-5 cold damage, 2% resistance and the attacker takes damage of y is anyway useless)...
About jewelry box, I may expect anything else to add in it other than jewels, gems or regeants? So I won't search like a madman.
I think you'll have to revise the gambling system. The items have the same cost at all levels and the chance of getting good items is rather low. For instance, I gambled 5 million golds (yes, pledge of provision) on amulets (only). So far, nothing set or unique and the rare ones tend to suck anyway (mostly bad negative mods like -% mana or all stats, which is very bad for my build). Hardly I get an amulet with at least 2 good modifiers (like mana and life, but that's very rare also).
Also, is there any chance you will think about a gamble filter tool? I don't know if you played eastern sun, but there you can choose what you want to gamble before entering the world. I don't know how hard is this to code, so I won't expect anything, just an opinion.
Phase

Postby Demon9ne » 07 May 2012 01:27

Charms are supposed to be balanced the way they are. Some affixes only spawn on some charms, and affixes for charms only improve by difficulty, I believe. I'll hopefully get around to affixes documentation in the future. (After the next version releases, more docu will be a priority before any patches happen.)

Anyway, a gambling filter is interesting, but I don't know how it would work. Can you post a screenshot (or a few) of the one from ES?
Demon9ne
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Immersion: Feedback