My problem with immersion

Report bugs or suggest new features/improvements

My problem with immersion

Postby adoomgod » 05 Apr 2013 01:34

I think difficulty and grind have been confused in this mod.

All the monsters could stand to lose about 10-15% of their HP and defenses,

and monster health regen should be reduced by 35-50%.

This isn't even difficult with an ice sorceress, it just takes forever. The monsters hit hard enough to be a challenge, you don't have to artificially lengthen playthroughs by adding health and resistances to all of them.
adoomgod

Re: My problem with immersion

Postby adoomgod » 06 Apr 2013 03:06

Ok I've reached Act 4.

I'd like to add that reagents should be a bit more common and is it me or is Izual impossible? I'm playing a sorceress and i've been doing fine until reaching him. He simply takes not nearly enough damage from my spells. He kills my assisstant then heals up to full. :/

This mod's pace is too slow. It never lets you feel epic.
adoomgod

Postby Demon9ne » 08 Apr 2013 14:40

What gave you the idea that you should "feel epic"?

Immersion is a mod for people who enjoy wading through a sea of difficult enemies (and later, their treasure and corpses). It isn't the type of mod where you should be able to just skip an area.

I do recognize, however, that enemies could be tedious due to having high life scores, and I try to consider balance adjustments along the way.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby adoomgod » 08 Apr 2013 20:03

I did not mean to imply that you should constantly feel epic. Indeed trudging through the hordes of monsters at a disadvantageous is fun at times.

I just am of the opinion that a good RPG balances consistent difficulty with moments of "growth spurts" of power obtained from a really good drop or new unlocked skill that momentarily makes you feel epic. Then eventually the monsters catch back up again and your back to the normal pace.

It's ok and i believe good to make the player feel really strong every now and again, as long as it doesn't break the game by having the difficulty gone forever.

The high life is an issue for me but the life regen is even worse IMO. I could fight Izual for hours without making a dent due to my need to retreat every now and again.
adoomgod

Postby SingInSilence » 22 Apr 2013 10:22

(Pardon me for intruding, but:

adoomgod wrote:The high life is an issue for me but the life regen is even worse IMO. I could fight Izual for hours without making a dent due to my need to retreat every now and again.

A) As I understand it, it's essentially unchanged from vanilla.
B) I had (and mentioned) the same issue.
Protip: 1) You can respec. 2) Firewall does unholy damage against stationary targets.
That's how I eventually killed him, anyway.)
SingInSilence

Postby DoubtFuL » 11 Dec 2013 20:19

hello to all !
I think regen shouldnt be the same for all monsters. Actually some monsters shouldnt have regen at all and some other should have really high maybe. It should be based on the monster type. In a way to be able to justify why a monster has so much regen and the opposite. I think that way the game would be a lot more interesting. Also i like the idea of *whatever looks dangerous is probabely dangerous*. Bascially what i mean is more realistic approach to the game. But that demands work and i guess patient is the key :)
beautifully amazing mod !
DoubtFuL

Return to Immersion: Feedback