Missing file after installing 1.05 1.02

Report bugs or suggest new features/improvements

Missing file after installing 1.05 1.02

Postby BROFIST » 15 May 2013 08:17

I installed Immersion today [Wednesday, May 15, 2013] an made sure it went were it was sposed to and it ran fine. But when i tried to download the patch it gave me an error saying it failed to find a file called

D2ImmersionAlt.exe

How can I resolve this? I tried re-installing the main mod again just to make sure i didn't miss it but its not there. Were is this D2ImmersionAlr.exe this patch is trying to find and how can i obtain it so i can run the patch installation?
There is no illusion of the mind but the mere mindful illusion that is self manifested.
BROFIST

Re: Missing file after installing 1.05 1.02

Postby Phase » 15 May 2013 15:12

You can just ignore the issue. That's what I did and the game went fine. Otherwise, I can't find any solution to the error.
Phase

Postby BROFIST » 15 May 2013 19:54

Phase wrote:You can just ignore the issue. That's what I did and the game went fine. Otherwise, I can't find any solution to the error.

Hmm...It worries me though. Makes me wonder what this D2ImmersionAlt.exe is..i mean its sposed to be an alternate launcher of some sort. But when you ignored it everything ran ok? all changes an everything?
There is no illusion of the mind but the mere mindful illusion that is self manifested.
BROFIST

Postby Demon9ne » 16 May 2013 02:21

The launchers aren't doing anything exciting. All they do is rename and move the game's (and the mod's) DLLs back and forth.

Additionally, they read your registry entries to get the folder locations. The difference between the standard launcher and the alternate launcher is which of the two D2 registry entries are checked. The standard launcher attempts to check both, while the alternate launcher only checks one of the entries.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Phase » 16 May 2013 12:33

BROFIST wrote:
Phase wrote:You can just ignore the issue. That's what I did and the game went fine. Otherwise, I can't find any solution to the error.

Hmm...It worries me though. Makes me wonder what this D2ImmersionAlt.exe is..i mean its sposed to be an alternate launcher of some sort. But when you ignored it everything ran ok? all changes an everything?

As far as I know how the game should work, it went perfectly fine without the file...
Phase

Return to Immersion: Feedback