My Favorite Classes?

Discuss features including stats, skills, items, strategies, etc.

My Favorite Classes?

Postby Vvemoth » 04 Mar 2011 04:35

Hi I just downloaded your mod and would like to play it but my two favorite classes aren't in game anymore? I play either a Necro or Assassin and I could care less for sorc and barb. Is there a way to unlock these classes later? It would be a shame not to use your mod but I hate the two classes you have finished :\
Vvemoth

Re: My Favorite Classes?

Postby Demon9ne » 06 Mar 2011 18:11

You're preaching to the choir. I'm a Necromancer and Assassin fan too. The Barbarian and Sorceress were first because they are polar opposites in terms of theme and gameplay. They should be back eventually. In the meantime, I invite you to see that systematically the Barbarian and Sorceress are a different experience in Immersion.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Vvemoth » 18 Mar 2011 01:52

thanks for the reply. I hope to see the new classes be implemented soon!

I will try out the Sorceress but I don't really like playing one so it will just be to test out some more of your mod.

Also, I was wondering if you have ever played Nezeramontias? Not to compare apples and bannanas or anything but one of the most appealing features of his mod is each and every character (bar champions) drops a soul with unique attributes on it. I would recommend giving his mod at least one play through if you haven't had the pleasure!

Anyways, I will give your mod a fair try and await the new classes! I like what you've done so far with the interface, and I did play a bit in the Blood Moor but didn't get far. I just noticed that the changes seem to have that professional quality about them, which is a great sign.

Cheers,

-Vvemoth
Vvemoth

Postby Demon9ne » 18 Mar 2011 21:12

I actually haven't played Nez, but it's tempting. I've only heard good things about the mod.

I have heard about the 'soul schema' in Nez, and from what I understand they are equipable items that replace rings--which is quite different than in Immersion.

Thanks for the feedback, Vvemoth.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby maliciant » 18 Mar 2011 23:53

I'll second nez, it's my all time favorite d2 mod... it's a shame it's not maintained anymore (and the txt files not available). It was not entirely dissimilar to ZyEl though without modified dll files (the earlier versions of zyel... the cat got a little crazy around the time the posters were being added in).

But nez is awesome, think you had to run 1.09 to run it. The soul system was not entirely different from the one in immersion, in that there were recipes that the souls were used for (that part was similar) but the various abilities and often times game changing souls really stood out. I loved the ability to play as prime evils though the skills were not very balanced or some were not fully functional... that said immersion has a certain quality to it that feels more polished in some ways.
maliciant

Return to Immersion: Gameplay