Playing 1.05

Discuss features including stats, skills, items, strategies, etc.

Playing 1.05

Postby maliciant » 18 Mar 2011 19:00

I've been playing the new immersion and I like it, though I miss the other character classes... and I've got to say that the 'turtling' does seem pretty extreme, I have yet to make it out of act 1, I have managed to hit a dead end on a sorc (poor stat choices and probably skill choices as well) where I ended up making a new one with different stats etc and quickly surpassed the previous one, no big deal though I'll probably have to do that a few times, especially since I suspect that it'll be valuable at some point to have a character or two dedicated to crafting up gear... so onto the important questions...

The barb and sorc both have some skills for gear crafting, I don't understand how they work at all, is this a passive bonus that automatically applies when using the black smithing tools or is there something more to that? I haven't found much of an explanation in the docs or in the game, I expect at some point I'll want a character with fairly extreme levels of those skills. Maybe I'm not far enough into the game to aquire the items necessary to use. I remember that loadstones showed up in act 2 so maybe then....

I notice orbs have attunement points, this also seems undocumented, I'm sure it's going to be important at some point but for now it only seems to exist to force me to dig around looking for documentation on it (I didn't find any... yet).

Anyway, I like the mod, and I'm pretty sure (being in act 1 normal still) that there is a lot more to see especially once I find some item that ramps my power up, or figure out how to take advantage of the crafting stuffs.
maliciant

Re: Playing 1.05

Postby Demon9ne » 19 Mar 2011 00:53

I consider it a good thing that poor attribute/skill choices can affect a character negatively. If you could play this mod effectively while blindfolded, it wouldn't be any fun.

Further, a greater challenge leads to greater longevity for the mod's playthrough. This is doubly important in a mod that condones twinking. Subsequent playthroughs are guaranteed to be less difficult when characters are collecting and improving gear without level requirements as a team.

Information about crafting/tempering/reagents can be found in the following places:

- On the relevant items (Tempering, Reagents) or skills (Crafting)
- Akara's Lore dialogue (Attunement, Crafting Skill Basics, Misc.)
- The Tempering Tome in the Rogue Camp (Tempering, Reagents)
- Documentation (Cube Recipes)

If anything isn't clear enough, let me know what specifically was confusing.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Re: Playing 1.05

Postby maliciant » 21 Mar 2011 11:00

I think I was suffering mild temporary retardation, I hope it's temporary anyway.
maliciant

Return to Immersion: Gameplay