1.05 Questions

Discuss features including stats, skills, items, strategies, etc.

1.05 Questions

Postby Osprey » 24 May 2013 07:23

I'm truly enjoying your brilliant mod! Thank you!

I am quite addicted to LOD 1.12, and now cannot stop playing Immersion 1.05!

It has left me with a few questions, though some might be bugs, but are most likely due to a noob at the controls! Such as:

1. What is an obelisk? I clicked it assuming it was a shrine and it said I did not have a worthy item. I don't need a "spoiler," merely a hint.

2. Why is it that evey other time my Act 1 Merc is resurrected, her gear appears to be gone - only it's there, hidden, providing no help? (In 1.12 my Act 2 needed his gear re-equipped to re-start auras - is this the same general idea?) Only happens every OTHER time, though.

3. What, exactly, do I do with the Soulsphere? I filled it to capacity with 666 without realising I shouldn't have done that. I know I can buy a... something that resets the soulsphere - but do I lose all the souls I've collected? I also don't understand the recipes - once I've collected the prescribed number of souls in the sphere, what then? Do I transmute?

4. Shrines. I have been trying to figure out what some of them do and have thus far been unsuccessful. Is there a shrine guide? For instance, I have no idea what the "Your muscles tighten" shrine does, nor do I know what "Your mind opens" or "Energy fills your being" shrines do. I have compared stats before using those shrines and after and see no difference (granted, my char coukd have been in such a state as to have not been affected, but I have tried multiple shrines with similar results).

5. In this mod, what is the difference between crafting, tempering, runewords, and the unity skills? I have read the in-game and on-site documentation and I am greatly confused - or perhaps am just in information overload. Does the class Unity skill work with tempering? Is there still Cube crafting - or is that the tempering? Do runewords work in tempered items?

6. Dyes - I have yet to try one. I assume they're just for fun. I stacked mine and cannot unstack them. They say I can unstack them in town, but how? I throw them on the ground, but they stay stacked...

7. Where is Kresh? According to the NPC/Vendor list, someone named Kresh was supposed to appear at the end of the Forgotten Tower quest - but said NPC did not appear in the Encampment.

8. What does "X% wounds raise mana" mean?

9. What is "splash damage"? I have read enough to understand that it is a complex calculation based upon attributes usually ignored... But what is it? Is it damage done to my char as a kind of recoil? To nearby secondary enemies? To my primary target as a sort of rebound?

Thank you kindly for whatever information you can give me!
Osprey

Re: 1.05 Questions

Postby Demon9ne » 24 May 2013 20:17

1. An obelisk is rare, shrine-like object that takes a certain item, then does something special to it. If you find another obelisk, pick up various items, and click the obelisk to see if you can gain access.

2. Hirelings were never intended to be fully outfitted. This is a bug resulting from their expanded inventory. Thanks for letting me know.

3. Check out the cube recipes documentation. You can use the soulsphere to create soul shards, which you can use to modify items.

4. Shrines should in fact modify your statistics. Flip through the stat pages after clicking one.

5. Runewords only work in normal items. Tempered items have dark green names, and they allow you to add individuals stats as you like. Crafted items have orange names, and come with some predefined stats. Unity skills are used to create crafted items.

6. Dyes are right-clicked in town to unstack.

7. Kresh is hiding in Act I. =)

8. "X% Wounds Raise Mana" means that a percentage of damage you take increases your mana.

9. Splash Damage means that there is a wide area of damage when you hit something with the weapon. The damage is based on both strength and dexterity.
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Postby Osprey » 01 Jun 2013 09:24

I greatly appreciate your info!
I have a couple of follow-ups and a couple of new questions.

2) Merc equipment: is it better, then, to equip my Merc with the same items I would have in LOD and to leave the other slots alone? Or to only fully equip when they need the stats - such as for a battle royale? If they are not intended to fully equip, can they even USE the stats (though their page is showing the added bonuses)?

5) When do I start coming across items that are mutable or temperable? Does a Unity skill affect tempering? I am still a bit confused with these new weapon-enhancement skills. I'd play with the mutable, temperable, crafting, etc if I could figure out the HOW.

The new stuff:

I) What are the red glows that pop up out of coffins in the Catacombs? My Merc can damage them and kill them - but I cannot, and they cannot damage me; they can only block my path.

II) What is a Health Orb? I found one in a Zealot in Act I, thought it was some sort of reanimated skeleton deal, and killed it before I could see what it was. Haven't seen another and was just curious.

Thank you for your assistance, but a huge thank you for this amazing mod!
Osprey

Postby Demon9ne » 13 Jun 2013 13:06

2) Mercs get bonuses from all the items.

5) "Mutable" refers to an item that can be transmuted with reagents successfully. Generally, that excludes unique and set items. More info on this (tempering/crafting/reagents) can be garnished from Akara's Lore dialogue and the Tempering Tome in Act I town.

I) Not sure. I'll have to have a look myself. Sounds like a bug to me.

II) A "health orb" is a unique joke-"enemy"; a reference to Diablo 3. When you destroy it, the nova created should fully heal you and your merc/minions.

=)
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Return to Immersion: Gameplay