Considering using this mod...

Discuss features including stats, skills, items, strategies, etc.

Considering using this mod...

Postby Faeryl » 28 Apr 2011 22:12

So I've been looking for a way to make my Diablo 2 gameplay experience more fun.. and this seemed one of only a few mods that are actually updated for 1.13c. One of the concerns I have is about how much this mod alters the original gameplay.

Currently the only mod I use is PlugY for the infinite stash space (I'm a collector of cool stuffs xD). I was wondering though... because of the drastic gameplay changes, what would happen to all my high level characters if I played through this mod? I put a lot of work into all of them and would hate to have it all rendered obsolete or otherwise negated.

One last thing: is it at all possible to enable only a few of the things contained within your mod? I like the gameplay blizzard created, but might like having a few of the perks included with your mod..

Thanks in advance for your response!
Faeryl

Re: Considering using this mod...

Postby SingInSilence » 28 Apr 2011 22:24

Wait for Demon9ne for an official response, but since I'm here...

Short version: Probably not, sorry.

Your items should not be compatible, your characters might be - if naked - but I wouldn't count on it, sorry.

Due to how D2 works; as opposed to, say, The Elder Scrolls 3 or 4,
which is to say using plugins instead of modding the base files,
until or - more likely - unless Demon9ne either releases the source files or custom-tailors the mod to only include the 'perks' you want, I except the answer to this is 'no' as well.

For what it's worth, Immersion does change the way you play Diablo, but the underlying game is still Diablo, imo.
Unlike some mods, the idea here is 'more and better' not 'completely different'.

Either way, have fun (should you choose to try it).
SingInSilence

Postby Faeryl » 28 Apr 2011 22:52

Honestly, that's about the sort of answer I was expecting. That being the case, unless I somehow get a new computer and decide to start from scratch, I likely won't be using this mod for various reasons.

In any case, thanks for the timely response, I'll continue to monitor this thread for a little while longer in case Demon9ne shows up to say his piece.
Faeryl

Postby Demon9ne » 30 Apr 2011 14:52

Faeryl -

Hi.

Vanilla characters and characters from other mods are incompatible with this mod.

To give this mod a shot:

1. Backup your ..\Diablo II\Save folder (for paranoia's sake).
2. Install Immersion to ..\Diablo II\Immersion (where it will leave the rest of your game alone).
3. Install the Immersion patch (it will find Immersion in the folder you just created, by itself).
4. Try the mod.
5. If you don't like the mod, delete the ..\Diablo II\Immersion folder and desktop icon.

If you have any problems, post again here. =)
Thank you for reading the Forum Guidelines before posting.
Demon9ne
Site Admin

Return to Immersion: Gameplay